Information on Renting Space at UUFG
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Gainesville has a variety of spaces available to accommodate from 12 to 300 people. We host weddings, receptions, parties, memorial services, conferences, small group meetings, yoga and meditation groups, book readings, concerts, and piano recitals, among other events.
Our facility is conveniently located on NW 34th Street near the Capri Neighborhood. There is adequate parking, and we are near restaurants for your early morning coffee and lunches. Some of our spaces are shown below. For rental rates and more information, call the UUFG office at 352/377-1669 or email
capacity: 300 people
Our Sanctuary is an attractive, acoustically live auditorium, with a stage, sound system, and grand piano. Chairs are moveable. The space is suitable for events such as plays and performances, musical recitals, concerts, weddings, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs. The hourly rate for the Sanctuary is $75.00 (includes Window Room and Choir Room), with a two-hour minimum fee. There is an extra charge for use of the grand piano.
Phillips Hall with adjoining kitchen
capacity: 100 people
Adjacent to the Sanctuary, and separated from it by a removable sound-proof wall, the Phillips Hall has tables and chairs, and is an excellent space for meetings, receptions, and banquets. The hourly rate for the Phillips Hall $25.00 and the Kitchen $25.00, with a two-hour minimum fee.
Smaller Meeting Spaces
Need a smaller space? Our Common Room and seven classrooms, including a nursery room, may fit your needs. The classroom space is great for small groups of up to 12 people. The UUFG Common Room is an excellent meeting space for groups of up to 30 people. All rooms have a two-hour minimum fee. Charges vary for use of the Class Rooms and the Common Room.
The hourly rate for the Sanctuary is $75.00, the Social Hall $25.00, and the Kitchen $25.00. All rooms have a two-hour minimum fee. Charges vary for use of the grand piano in the Sanctuary, the Class Rooms, and the Common Room. The rates for other rooms and services are also in the Rental Agreement.
A full price list and refundable damage-deposit charges are listed in the Rental Agreement (The rental prices and agreement are in a PDF (Portable Document Format) document. If you'd like to download it and print it, you need to have Adobe's free Acrobat Reader on your computer. This is available for most computer types and will print out on most printers.).
It is recommended that rooms be reserved as far in advance as possible because of high demand for our facilities.
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Gainesville, Inc.
(UUFG) RENTAL AGREEMENT GUIDELINES
Our aim is to make each rental a satisfactory experience for all parties. To that end, we provide the following guidelines.
- Rental of the kitchen does not include any utensils, supplies, flatware, cups, or glassware; the renter must provide these items.
- UUFG shall not be accountable for injury to any persons(s) or for damage to any property which may be owned or used by the individual/organization contracting for use of UUFG space.
- The renter will be responsible for any damages beyond the amount of damage deposit.
- Rental of specific rooms does not preclude UUFG from using other space or allowing other groups to do so.
- Upon receipt of damage deposit and 50% of rental fee from renter and execution of the Rental Agreement by UUFG, rental space is confirmed. All fees and deposits are non-refundable in the event of cancellation unless space can be re-rented for that time frame.
- Rental fees do not cover the setting up and taking down of tables and chairs; the renter is responsible for this. Furniture should be returned to its original location.
- The renter is responsible for leaving the area in a clean condition and all things returned to their proper places. Cleanup, pickup, and straightening are the renter's responsibility so that another scheduled event may follow without additional preparation. If the kitchen is used, the floor and all surfaces are to be cleaned per the instruction of the Rental Coordinator. Trash containers are to be emptied into the dumpster.
- Amplified sound, additional electrical requirements, and special lighting must be arranged with the Rental Coordinator prior to the scheduled event. No art work may be removed from the walls. In the Phillips Hall and the Sanctuary no signs, banners, posters or notices may be affixed to walls, folding walls, floors, or ceilings with nails, staples, tape or any other substance. Easels will be provided for posting signs.
- The folding wall will remain as a divider between the Phillips Hall and the Sanctuary unless otherwise requested. Folding wall may be moved only under the supervision of the Rental Coordinator.
- Use of UUFG sound system and furniture from areas not rented must be prearranged.
- A rental fee is charged for rehearsals and setups outside the rental time of the primary event.
- Children must be under adult supervision at all times including playground areas, and renters are responsible for damages caused by children.
- Environmental concerns are of major importance. The following restrictions are to be adhered to: No Smoking in any of the buildings. Smoking will be allowed outdoors only. Please use receptacles. Nothing may be thrown on the grounds or in the buildings, e.g. rice, birdseed, glitter, confetti, flower petals, tobacco products. No helium-filled balloons will be allowed on the grounds or in any building. Use of Styrofoam products should be limited. Paper products are preferred.
- All facility renters are required to comply with all local, state and federal statutes and regulations.
- Renters may not move the choir risers on the stage. If removal is needed, please make a request of the Rental Coordinator. A fee of $40 is charged for taking down and putting the risers back.
- The UUFG reserves the right to refuse rental to any individual or group without explanation.
- Nothing is to be placed on the grand piano for any reason.
- To make the rental a satisfactory experience for all parties, please direct questions and requests to the Rental Coordinator.